The Mi-STAR Academy is a series of online modules that provide educators the resources needed to align their science instruction with the Michigan Science Standards.
Mi-STAR Academy: An Introduction to NGSS is available for all educators.
- 4 hours of instruction time
- A self-paced, web-based format that can be completed at your convenience
- Available at low cost ($30 for educators)
The Mi-STAR Academy: Introduction to NGSS will provide:
- Overview of the three dimensions (Science and Engineering Practices, Crosscutting Concepts, Disciplinary Core Ideas) of the Michigan Science Standards and the Next Generation Science Standards.
- Best practices for aligning your curriculum with the Michigan Science Standards
- Strategies on how to use a challenge-based learning approach to integrating STEM content from different science and engineering disciplines into your teaching.