Unit 6.5: "Keeping it Fresh" Plant GrowthStudents examine how environmental conditions, resource availability, competition, and genetics affect organism growth and reproduction. Students design an experiment to understand the impacts of these factors on plants grown in the classroom. They make a recommendation for how to maximize plant growth and reproduction, as well as practice developing predictions and making claims supported by evidence and reasoning.
Unit Challenge Question: How can we maintain the biggest supply of fresh food in places where plants do not naturally grow?
Link to Unit Overview
Unit Content Resources:
- Unit NGSS Connections (coming soon)
- Prior and Future Knowledge (coming soon)
- Unit Materials List (coming soon)
- Teacher Background Content Resources (coming soon)
- Compiled Gotta Have Checklist*
- Unit External Web Links*