Build Your District’s HB4048 Summer Program in Grades 6-8 Science with Mi-STARWe invite district teacher teams to join Mi-STAR curriculum development staff for virtual workshop sessions this May/June to walk through building a fun, hands-on, custom summer science program for your district's grades 6-8. With the program your teachers build, students will be engaged all summer and ready to jump into science class next fall.
Components & Benefits of Workshop:
- Four virtual workshops for teachers via Zoom (90 minutes each) led by Mi-STAR curriculum development team
- Enrollment will be open to teams of teachers from the same district (2 to 5 teachers per team)
- Sessions to occur in late May / June
- Supportive, collaborative workshop environment
- Workshop participants will build a custom summer program based on Mi-STAR lesson materials that is designed for NGSS / MSS and leads to hands-on, minds-on summer learning and enrichment
- Ongoing remote support and optional virtual check-ins will be available throughout the summer to support participating educators as they implement their program
- Open to any Michigan teachers grades 6-8
- Materials developed will fulfill requirements for additional HB4048 funding for innovative programs (STEM-based, problem-based, community-based)
- An additional pre-workshop session will be provided to districts teams that are new to Mi-STAR
Enrollment cost includes teacher access to digital Mi-STAR lesson materials
Submit a commitment form now, and we will contact you by May 1 to confirm the registration/enrollment process.