The Mi-STAR Academy is a series of online modules that provide educators the resources needed to align their science instruction with the Michigan Science Standards.
Mi-STAR Academy: An Introduction to NGSS is available for all teachers.
- 12 hours of instruction time
- A self-paced, web-based format that can be completed at your convenience
- Available at low cost ($25 for educators)
- Understanding the three dimensions (Science and Engineering Practices, Crosscutting Concepts, Disciplinary Core Ideas) of the Michigan Science Standards and the National Research Council’s Framework for K-12 Science Education
- Best practices for aligning your curriculum with the Michigan Science Standards
- Using a challenge-based learning approach to integrating STEM content from different science and engineering disciplines into your teaching
- Bringing interdisciplinary study of exciting, relevant, real-world topics into the classroom