Updated version of Mi-STAR Academy available now!
Mi-STAR Academy: Online Professional Development for Michigan Science Standards
The Mi-STAR Academy is a series of online modules that provide educators with the resources and skills to support teachers and districts as they align their science instruction to the newly-adopted Michigan Science Standards. These modules provide approximately 12 hours of instruction time, and can be taken at your convenience.
- Educators can participate in Mi-STAR Academy for a cost of $25.
- To enroll in the Mi-STAR Academy, fill out the application form.
- Builds a working understanding of the three dimensions (Science and Engineering Practices, Crosscutting Concepts, Disciplinary Core Ideas) of the Michigan Science Standards and the National Research Council’s Framework for K-12 Science Education
- Demonstrates best practices for aligning curriculum with Michigan Science Standards
- Illustrates how science and engineering can be taught using a “challenge”-based-learning approach that integrates STEM content from different science and engineering disciplines
- Demonstrates strategies to achieve interdisciplinary study of real-world topics of relevance to students in Michigan and society